MEC Bikefest This Weekend In The Olympic Village at Southeast False CreekMountain Equipment Co-op’s Bikefest comes to The Olympic Village Plaza (in the Village on False Creek) at Southeast False Creek this Saturday, June 25, 2011 from 10:00am to 4:00pm. What is Bikefest?
MEC Bikefest is a daylong community celebration of all things bicycle related. Our goal is to bring together Vancouver’s bicycle community and those new to bikes, to celebrate the wonders of cycling. Come join us and make it the best bicycle bash in Vancouver.
This really sounds like a great event with a full day of bicycle-based entertainment and education.
– Fun ‘how-to’ clinics and workshops (courses and clinics are by donation. Please call MEC to register for specific workshop times. 604.872.4634 )
– Parent-child bike maintenance workshops
– NEW! MEC Bike Swap. Swap, buy and sell bikes, parts and accessories.
– NEW! Bikefest Marketplace. Local retailer shops and other vendors.
– Guided bike rides provided by the Art Wheelers (call MEC to register and ensure a spot for yourself and your family)
– Bike demos
– Charity bike drop
– Mini competitions and draw prizes
– Win a free kid’s bike
– Bicycle engraving by the Kitsilano Police Centre
– Stunt show provided by the Flowriders
– BMX demo show by Travis Collier
– “Science of Cycling” Year of Science speaker series brought to you by the Vancouver Aquarium
– Live music from 10:00 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
– Children’s entertainers
– Cycling Yoga
The full schedule of Bikefest Events and Performances can be found here
For all the detailed information on MEC’s Bikefest in The Village on False Creek check the MEC blog here.
Also on Saturday The Purple Pirate will be at the MEC store on West Broadway from 12:00 – 4:00pm.