Sun Run Clinic At Creekside Community Centre #inthevillage
Learn to Run or Walk 10km at the Creekside Community Centre in Southeast False Creek
Have you always wanted to participate in the Sun Run? Or maybe you have done it before, but would like to go faster this year. Or maybe you walked it last year and you are ready run it in 2013. For the second year in a row you can participate in a SportMedBC Sun Run InTraining Clinic right in the Olympic Village at the Creekside Community Centre. You can even nordic walk the Sun Run (that’s walking with those poles).
Over 13 weeks you will build up to the Sun Run with a comprehensive program of running, walking and stretching. Here is a video from InTraining group leader and former Olympian Lynn Kanuka about what to expect:
Your clinic registration fee – $139, plus HST – includes:
- Sun Run InTraining Logbook
- New Balance Lighting Dry Tempo Long-sleeve shirt
- 13-week detailed training programs for all levels
- An individual entry for the Sun Run
- PowerBar performance kit
- Supported training sessions led by SportMedBC-trained leaders
- Weekly fitness workshops on nutrition, injury prevention and more
The clinic runs Thursday evenings at 7pm from January 24th to April 18th at the community centre at 1 Athletes Way.
To register contact the Creekside Community Centre at 604-257-3050 ext 2 or register online here.