False Creek Temporary Modular Housing
The City of Vancouver, in partnership with the Vancouver Affordable Housing Agency (VAHA) and BC Housing, is building Temporary Modular Housing on various sites across Vancouver to create much-needed temporary housing for homeless residents.
The latest proposed location is in the southwest corner of the Olympic Village Canada Line parking lot.
- The building would be three storeys and contain approximately 50 single studio
- At least 10% of the units would be wheelchair accessible.
- The building would be in place for up to five years, with the possibility to extend another five years
- The building would be managed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by an experienced non-profit housing operator.
This proposal is being developed in coordination with the False Creek South Neighbourhood Planning Program.
False Creek Temporary Modular Housing Community Information Session
The City of Vancouver, Vancouver Affordable Housing Agency and BC Housing will host a Community Information Session about the temporary modular housing being considered for the site at 595 West 2nd Avenue.
- When: Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Time: 4 to 7 pm
- Where: Beaumont Studios – 326 West 5th Avenue, Vancouver
You can contact the Temporary Modular Housing Team with your feedback here:
- Contact the Community Liaison at 604-829-9321
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up-to-date information will also be posted to the City’s website at: vancouver.ca/temporarymodularhousing